Tuesday 12 January 2010

Channelling my Inner Sarah Fielke

Well LimeDash is shivering out in the frozen garden for it's photo shoot and I think I'm getting used to this new bold Quilting-me! It's definitely the most out there quilt for colour I have made and it's had me squirming out of my comfort zone a lot, but throughout I have been guided by the mantra 'what would Sarah Fielke choose here' and the answer I imagine is almost always 'more colour, more patterns' and so that's the route I've gone. Sarah and Kathy wrote the book Material Obsession. If anyone hasn't got a copy you must get your hands on one and have a look as that book changed my quilting life! Is that too dramatic? In the book they take traditional patterns but blow them apart using new scale, new colours and patterns to make totally modern quilts. I love that book. Anyway, in for a penny, in for a pound, I'm considering backing it in Amy Butler Love fuchsia spots with pink solid binding. I think it's all the whiteness of snow that is sending me mad for bright colour?!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quilt! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the material obsession books have been sitting on my amazon wish list for ages but I think this post was the little push i needed to add them to the cart :P

    ReplyDelete