Monday 12 October 2009

Getting my Ducks in a Line

This lovely little stack of fabrics by Lizzy House from http://www.ayarnoutlet.com/ has been burning a hole in my sewing desk for too long.


Usually I am a greedy kid when it comes to fabric and before I've even ripped off the wrapping the old rotary cutter is out and cutting and I'm away. But for some reason this little pile has survived because the perfect use for it remained tantalisingly out of mental reach. You see I love the prints, I don't want to chop them up. I love the colours, but couldn't find their neutral to tie them all in, white and cream were too harsh, pink too pink, orange is too orange etc!
But last week I had a eureka moment, threw in some perfect solids and started cutting. I'll give you a peak later when it starts to get some form. If it works out as nicely as I think it's going to I plan to kit this one up and so you'll be able to buy a kit for a baby quilt in these fabrics over on www.makedoandmendquilts.co.uk or www.makedoandmendquilts.etsy.com. It will make a lovely modern contemporary (a bit urban?) quilt, really straightforward for a beginner quiltmaker. I'll keep you posted as it develops, I'm excited about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment