Wednesday 21 October 2009

Attacking the UFO's ( Unfinished Objects!)

It's been a very busy few days as my Make Do & Mend quilt kit website has gone totally live so there has been much behind the scenes busying with boxes and tissue paper and ribbons to get my kits all spruced and ready to fly the nest for their new homes!

I am always one for having too many projects on the go at once, but the end of last week saw rather a surge of 'Oohh New Project' excitements so this week I am determined to finish some things.

I blogged last week about my Lizzy House Fabric with the ducks? The perfect project for it had been tantalisingly out of reach, until a eureka moment with some Amy Butler grey fabric made it all make sense. I like this quilt design so much I'm going to start cutting kits as it is a nice simple construction and makes a very graphic modern baby quilt. I'm hand quilting it at the moment with big circles to counteract all the lines, I love it, I hope you do too. Will try and finish it off this week and give it a proper photo shoot!




My knitting is guiltily filling all the non quilty moments. Bored of how pink all my knitting had been after my sudden passion for Debbie Bliss Soft Pink wool ( 1 scarf, 1 blanket, 3 hats ( I had to knit three before I actually made a hat to fit the baby!)) I have embarked on a colourful blanket. It was such fun auditioning wool, it could have been the worlds longest stripy blanket, but I settled on 9 stripes and this is what I ended up with. Yum!

Anyway, better run, have to catch the post office before it closes to send one of my little Quilt Kits off to Australia! What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment