Tuesday 30 March 2010

AlphaDots Quilt is Sew Hip!



Ohh it's so exciting, one of my quilts is in a magazine.


This morning the postman nearly had his hand unceremoniously ripped off as I grabbed my copy of Sew Hip! in the mail and ran! And there it was, my little AlphaDots Quilt on page 26 of the May 2010 issue, looking all sunny and springlike blowing in the wind by the candy coloured beach huts at the seaside one lovely sunny day back in February! I've written the pattern for the magazine so if you would like to make one yourself get a copy!So if you'd like to, go buy a copy and make the pattern, its a great stash buster, or you can buy a full kit, available at http://www.makedoandmendquilts.co.uk/ or on etsy and folksy. In Sew Hip for May there are also some great articles on textile designers Sprout Design ( I love their fabrics!) and a review of a show of Henry Moores mid century textiles is really worth a look too. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, your quilt looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations....and thanks for the tip off,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgous congratulation!! Im so happy for you, hope this leads to many more exciting quilty things for you in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. back again, i posted a little congratulations on my blog :) http://makedoandsend.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic I can certainly see why its in the mag it gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete