Friday 11 December 2009

Moments of Material Inspiration


I do love the day my Country Living pops onto the doormat each month. It does feel kind of wrong to read the January issue when we haven't yet had Xmas, but just look at this irresistible cover shot. Every now and again a colour combination just seems to keep popping up and asking to be used. A couple of days ago I was reading this at Crazy Mom Quilts and admiring this beautiful xmas quilt Figgy Pudding. You see such a lot of red and green together at xmas, but I just loved the pairing of the mossy green with the smokey red.

But as is often the way, with this colour combo in my head, I started to realise that I was already pairing them;

The choice of wine coloured berries on my mossy green front door...


Father Xmas sitting happily against my mossy green living room wall.........
So the inevitable little fabric pile has now been compiled to sit on my desk and call to me whilst i twirl like a dervish in the last weeks before xmas making nativity costumes, wrapping presents, making lists, wishing I was sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment