Monday 26 April 2010

My First Quilt - As Snug as a Bear in a Pram


The biggest of my Smalls is now officially a quilter having just finished her first quilt, aged 6.
I'm so proud of her, isn't it lovely? Scraps she painstakingly selected from the scrap bin, rotary cut by me, sewn together by hand by her, quilted by her in perle cotton in a big flower designed by her, bound by me. Loved by Mr Bear. She asked me how old I was when I finished my first quilt, I told her 21 (ahem!), she looked at me ( slightly pitying) and said 'well mummy I'll be able to do reeeeaaaaly hard quilts by the time I am 21 won't I?', ......i guess she will...

1 comment:

  1. awww this is just the sweetest, she did a great job! that looks like a very well loved ted, im sure Mr Bear is very comfortable with his new quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete